ORC-Club Measurement Dates and Times:
ORC-Club boat measurements for those requesting them are scheduled for firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date and time. Assignments will be made on a first come basis. in the harbor at Lakewood Yacht Club. Measurement times will be , , 12:00 PM, , , with multiple boats and measuring teams scheduled for each time slot. If you wish to have your boat measured, please contact the committee by email at
To expedite the process, please assist us by complying with the following:
· The measurement fee is $50.00, payable to PHRF-GB.
· Review the ORC-Club handbook for guidelines on how to prepare a boat for measurement. Boats not prepared cannot be measured.
· Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointed time or you may be waiting for dock space to open up will be boats ahead are completed.
· Contact phrfgb.com with questions.
The Harvest Moon Regatta Race Committee has announced that that this year the Bacardi Racing Fleet will scored using ORC-Club in lieu of PHRF and that all Bacardi Fleet racers will be required to submit a valid ORC-Club rating certificate to be eligible. In order to obtain a certificate, you should do the following as soon as possible:
· Go to the ORC website at www.orc.org and make an application.
· You will receive a “TEST” certificate and instructions on how to make payment.
· Ratings will be based on the design parameters of the boat
· After your payment has been processed, you will receive an email with a valid racing certificate.
· Measurement of the boat is not required. However, after receipt of the certificate, you may elect to have the displacement measured (via freeboard measurements, see the link for information of the measurement process). We believe that measurement may be beneficial to older, heavy displacement boats. Any change in the boat’s parameters discovered during measurement will be forwarded to ORC, and a revised certificate will be issued.
· To have a boat measured, contact the committee at phrfgb.com
Unfortunately, we had an issue with the new automated rating system. The Ratings page and the Certificate could have given a 1 point deduction to some boats. The problem was a rounding error, so the actual data in the database is correct. The boats affected were those with a round between .5 and .9 - for example 194.7 became 194 instead of 195. Please verify your ratings (and your competitors!) and let us know if you see any discrepancies.
I apologize for this issue.
Performance Handicap Racing Fleet of Galveston Bay, Inc.
Post Office Box 1276
La Porte, TX 77572-1276
Dear PHRGB Member,
We have some exciting revisions for the PHRF Handicap Rating Adjustment Guidelines going into effect for 2015.
Please review the below rule changes and make any notations on your renewal application where necessary. If you have any questions regarding this we invite you to come to the PHRF annual membership meeting that will be scheduled later this quarter.
1. Boats that carry headsails with a luff perpendicular less than or equal to 115% will be given a +6 second adjustment to the base rating. This will not apply to boats that were originally designed and handicapped with short overlapping jibs.
2. If an asymmetric spinnaker, tacked centerline is added to a boat that will not be using the symmetrical spinnaker and pole the below matrix applies. This assumes the maximum width of the asymmetric spinnaker is no more than 1.8x (J+sprit length) or TSP (Spinnaker tack point)
SL = SL(Max) = 109% DIA (DIA = straight line from ISP to tack point) above 109% = -3 sec.
Maximum width = 1.8
TSP Many boats base configuration assumes an asymmetric spinnaker tacked to the bow or sprit. These boats will not receive additional rating adjustments.
Thank You, PHRF Galveston Bay
Let us know if there are more features you are interested in seeing.